Tue, Mar 30 OR
Wed, Mar 31
Call Backs: Tue, April 6, 6-8pm
Due to pandemic policies, actors must sign up in advance using the form below. Actors must also submit their registration form, COVID-19 compliance form, and payment in advance. Forms should be sent to email@example.com. Payment may be made through our website at taylordance.org.
First time auditioning? No worries. We have all been there and we want to get to know you! Fill out the actor background form. Let us know what you like to, or are most comfortable doing, and remember all who audition are cast! Plus, below are some helpful audition suggestions under “FIRST TIME AUDITIONING?” Sign up today!
WANT TO KNOW ABOUT THE CHARACTERS?
Download the list!
Prior to the audition:
Actors auditioning for A CHORUS LINE HSE, MUST
- Sign up for a 30-minute audition slot (auditions will be in groups of five)
- Complete and submit to Denise White, firstname.lastname@example.org, the following forms:
- Remit Workshop Fee PRIOR to auditions
Sides, music, etc for lead characters and “ONE” audition – It’s all here to help to prepare for your audition:
Every actor should select one monologue to perform in auditions. The character monologues provided are for:
FEMALE ROLES: Actors should prepare one of these short vocal cuts for auditions. Sopranos interested in a lead should prepare “Maggie” and altos interested in a lead should prepare “Diana.” Actors interested in the ensemble (chorus) should select “One.”
- Maggie – Soprano (Sheet Music, accompaniment with vocal, accompaniment for audition provided)
- Diana – Alto (Sheet Music, accompaniment with vocal,accompaniment for audition provided)
- “One” – Chorus (Sheet Music, accompaniment with vocal,accompaniment for audition provided)
MALE ROLES: Actors should prepare one of these short vocal cuts for auditions. Tenors interested in a lead should select “Richie”. Baritones interested in a lead should sing “One.” Anyone interested in the ensemble (Chorus) should sing “One.”
- Richie – Tenor (Sheet Music, accompaniment with vocal, accompaniment for audition provided)
- “One” – Baritone and Chorus (Sheet Music, accompaniment with vocal (baritone will have to sing down an octave), and accompaniment for audition provided)
MONOLOGUES AND VOCAL SELECTIONS
|No Side||Music-Soprano (pdf)|
|No Side||Music-Tenor (pdf)|
|No Side||Music (pdf)|
DANCE AUDITION CHOREOGRAPHY
Your audition will include a short dance segment using the linked combination. If you are not a dancer, do not let this section of the audition intimidate you. The dance audition allows Cliff, our choreographer/director to know who is familiar with jazz and ballet and at what level. It will also give him an idea of how comfortable you are with learning choreography if you are a “mover” and not a dancer. Everyone will be cast, so do your best and just have fun with it!
FIRST TIME AUDITIONING?
Don’t worry or let that stand in your way!
Don’t think you can sing? Sing “Happy Birthday.”
Don’t think you can act? Tell us something interesting about yourself in 30 seconds.
Don’t think you can dance? No worries, most of the kids auditioning aren’t “dancers.” Have fun and show us you can move.
You CAN do it! – and remember, everyone is cast!